The Fulbright Professional Playwriting Scholarship sponsored by Inscription, supported by Copywright Agency Ltd., the Australian Council Literature Board, and the Friends of Inscription : 3-4 months.
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission (AAFC) in partnership with Inscription has established a new Fulbright Professional Playwriting Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to an established Australian playwright with a track record of professionally produced work. The scholarship will provide the recipient with the opportunity to spend three to four months in the U.S. developing a new play, sharpening their craft and forging beneficial professional relationships.
Applicants should have a postgraduate qualification, OR a minimum of 10 years work experience. They should also have a record of achievement and an established leadership profile within the field.
This scholarship is for the creation of a new work of theatre. It is not about developing a research proposal in areas of interest in playwriting.
Scholarship package valued up to AUD 32,000 includes:
- Living, Travel & Establishment allowance
- Dependent’s allowance (where applicable)
- National Orientation Program and a Fulbright Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
- Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- ASPE medical insurance of up to AUD100,000 (for the Scholar only
- Dramaturgical assistance for a new manuscript from a leading US playwright
- On completion the Fulbright Scholar will have a professional read at The Griffin Theatre Company in Sydney